Ribbon tweeters & 4.5" mid-woofer
The meticulously formulated horn shape produces directional and optimized high frequencies from the ribbon tweeter, so they are aimed at the listeners, minimizing unwanted effect from room reflection.
Designed from the ground up by Phil Jones
All technical and design aspects of the A80 were personally crafted by Phil Jones, to reflect our commitment to providing exceptional audio quality.
Built-in amp with subwoofer output
The system reserves a subwoofer signal output in case of a situation that needs low-frequency rendering with strong bass. Listen to audio from any source with its multiple inputs, including AUX, PC, USB, Optical, and Bluetooth.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Hi-res audio certified
- Horn loaded ribbon tweeter
- 4.5 inch aluminum cone 30mm voice coil mid-woofer
- Digtal amplifer with Xmos processor / subwoofer output
- Input Mode: AUX, PC, USB, Optical, Bluetooth 5.0 with AptX
1 Year Warranty
Free Shipping Over $49.99
30 Day Return Policy
Hi-Res Audio Certified Active Speaker System
Airpulse A80 active bookshelf speaker system is a perfect combination of uniquely designed conventional loudspeakers and digital systems of XMOS. It supports Hi-Res high-quality audio playback and has obtained a Hi-Res official certification. They are housed in an 18-mm thick high-strength MDF cabinet with beautiful walnut finish.
Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
The A80 horn-loaded ribbon tweeter is the same as A100’s, its thin aluminum ribbon diaphragm has high sensitivity, superb transient response extended frequency range, and well-defined resolution. This also leads to superior imaging of the speaker. The result is full and three dimensional sound with each detail well defined.
4.5 inch Aluminum Cone 30mm Voice Coil Mid-woofer
The Mid-woofer is a 4.5 inch unit with a hard-anodized aluminum alloy cone suspended in a heavy, ultra-rigid cast magnesium alloy frame. The 30mm diameter voice coil is unusually larger than most loudspeakers of this size. It has been shown that larger voice coils have less power compression because they run at a cooler operating temperature. Sonically this means a more realistic dynamic representation of the music.
Rich Sound in a Bold Design
The A80 cabinet is built with 18-mm thick high-strength MDF with a beautiful walnut finish to further reduce coloration. The cabinet interior is fully lined with professional waved sound absorption material. The oval-shaped vent tube in the A80 is carefully designed to minimize wind noise.
Multiple Inputs and Subwoofer Output
The system in the A80 supports multiple inputs, including Bluetooth, AUX, PC, USB, and fibre optic. The Bluetooth audio receiver is built on Qualcomm’s Bluetooth V5.0 chipset, which supports APT-X decoder, and offers a far better audio playback quality than what a traditional Bluetooth SBC codec can present.
Ultra-low Distortion Signal Processing and Amplification System
The entire digital system is built on a multi-core signal processor XMOS XU216, a 16-core powerful audio processor based on XMOS xCore200 architect, which is proud of having up to 2000MIPS processing horse-power. The power amplification part is built with 2 pieces of TAS5754 Class-D amplifier from Texas Instrument. With very low output jitter, the unpacked audio signal can be delivered to the XMOS processor with zero loss.
TRANSPARENT Internal Wiring
The A80 uses TRANSPARENT audiophile-grade speaker cable made in the USA for internal wiring. Signals are transferred with utmost accuracy with a minimum loss, which brought you much closer to music!
Acoustic Isolation Pads
The 8-degree elevation acoustical isolation pads included can reduce vibration and help to eliminate unwanted levels of audio resonance to achieve the optimal audio performance.
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- User manual
- Remote control
- Base x2
- Power cable
- Passive speaker
- Active speaker
- Speaker connecting cable
- USB connecting cable
- 3.5mm to RCA audio cable
- Fiber optic input audio cable
- RCA audio cable
- Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
- 4.5-inch Aluminum Cone 30mm VC Mid-Woofer
- Digital Amplifier With Xmos Processor
- 9.3 Kg(20lbs) /pair
- 1200mV Max
- AC 100-240 V /50-60 Hz
TOTAL POWER OUTPUT
- L/R(Woofer): 40W+40W
Why can’t I hear any sound?
Check Power Indicator Light:
- Verify that the power indicator light on the speakers is illuminated, indicating that the speakers are receiving power. If the light is not on, check the power source, outlet, and power switch.
- Attempt to increase the volume using either the volume control on the speakers or the provided remote control. Ensure that the volume level is not set to minimum or muted.
Inspect Audio Cables:
- Examine the audio cables for proper connection. Make sure they are firmly and correctly connected to both the speakers and the audio source. Ensure there are no loose or damaged cables.
- Verify that the correct input source is selected on the speakers. This can typically be done using the remote control or the volume knob. Ensure that the input corresponds to the audio source you want to use.
Audio Source Signal:
- Confirm that the audio source is delivering an audio signal. Test the source with other devices to ensure it is functioning correctly. Additionally, check if there are any volume or mute settings on the source device that may be affecting the audio output.
Why can’t I turn on the speakers?
To power on the speakers, you have two options:
- Connect the Main Power of Your Speakers: This can typically be done by using a power button or switch on the speakers themselves. Look for a designated power button or switch, often labeled as "Power" or with a power symbol.
- Switch on the Wall Outlet of Your Speakers: If your speakers are connected to an electrical outlet via a power strip or extension cord, you can turn them on by switching on the wall outlet itself. Ensure that the power strip or extension cord is connected to the wall outlet and switched to the "On" position.
Why can’t I connect my speakers via Bluetooth?
Bluetooth Mode Selection:
- Ensure that your speaker is switched to Bluetooth mode. This can typically be done by pressing a button with the Bluetooth symbol on the speaker or by using the speaker's remote control.
- Disconnect any other devices that might be connected to your speaker to avoid interference.
- Verify that the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect is within a reasonable range, typically within 10 meters (approximately 33 feet) of the speaker.
Try Another Bluetooth Device:
- If you encounter difficulties with one Bluetooth device, attempt to connect another Bluetooth device to the speaker.
- This helps determine whether the issue is specific to one device or if it's a broader problem with the speaker's Bluetooth functionality.
Why Buy from Us?
Local Fast Shipping
30 Days Money-Back Guarantee